September 15, 2022 from 9-11:30 am EST
On June 2022, we welcomed long-term and new IIACC members at the IIACC Quarterly Meeting!
We had a lot of discussions, great insights, and challenging questions based on the agenda:
- Review and updates of new materials and additions based on the feedback we received during the March 2022 meeting
- Adaptation of the language of the Comprehensive Plan to make it widely accessible
- Updates based on the Comprehensive Plan trajectories identified in March
- Great discussions on the new trajectories for Comprehensive Plan goals and action items
Here are some meeting highlights:
To review the meeting materials and add your notes to the work documents, please review the materials below. We will incorporate your additions into the upcoming meeting materials.
On March 10, 2022, members of the Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council (IIACC) met virtually to discuss the agenda topics.
Several topics were covered at the meeting, including
- Updates on the work of IIACC and its presence on social media.
- Revisions to the Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD
- Inclusive and accessible language
- SMART objectives/action points for each goal
- Justification of goals and action points through research
- Updates to align with research and Needs Assessment (e.g., Goal 6)
- Opportunities for wider dissemination of the comprehensive plan
- Opportunities for added content
- Review of materials and resources created as part of the trajectory for Goal 2: Family and Professional Partnership
- Planning for new trajectories
For each of the topics, members had a chance to share their insights, provide suggestions, and discuss ways to distribute across Indiana and to engage more people in the IIACC efforts
To review the materials covered at the meeting, visit: Quarterly Meeting – March 10, 2022
RSVP for the upcoming meeting on June 2, 2022: https://indiananetwork.org/
Based on the need for relevance and accessibility of the Comprehensive Plan shared by the community and IIACC members, a new Plan structure was developed in 2020-2021 with ongoing input from IIACC members. These modifications allow us to set foundation for future adaptations by reformatting the structure, organization towards greater simplicity, to allow for greater accessibility and use across all stakeholders and communities. The updated Comprehensive Plan structure reflects four main sections for each goal to improvement of navigation, reader friendliness, and ability to quickly find the needed information. All information has been tailored for simplified verbiage that is both accessible and relevant (see figure below).
Note: Background information is available on the website.
The holiday season brings a lot of fun and opportunities to connect with families. However, it may also bring challenges due to schedule change, sensory overload, need to travel, and social engagement expectations.
Here is a list of resources to help you successfully navigate this holiday season!
- Autism Society: Twelve Tips for Helping Individuals with Autism Have a Happy Holiday Season
- Easter Seals: 16 Ways to Prepare Children with Autism for Holidays
- Autism Speaks: Home for the holidays: Helping family members with autism have a happy holiday break
- IRCA: Making the Most of the Holidays for Your Family and Your Son/Daughter on the Autism Spectrum
- HANDS in Autism©: Holiday Tips for Families of Individuals with ASD
Welcome to the Indiana INformation Network, a collaborative system of resources for individuals, families, and communities affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
The INformation Network is driven by the shared community responsibility of supporting and caring for those with ASD, as well as their families, as represented in the Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD.
Learn more about this project by visiting About the Network page.