September 8, 2022 from 9-11:30 am EST
On June 2022, we welcomed long-term and new IIACC members at the IIACC Quarterly Meeting!
We had a lot of discussions, great insights, and challenging questions based on the agenda:
- Review and updates of new materials and additions based on the feedback we received during the March 2022 meeting
- Adaptation of the language of the Comprehensive Plan to make it widely accessible
- Updates based on the Comprehensive Plan trajectories identified in March
- Great discussions on the new trajectories for Comprehensive Plan goals and action items
Here are some meeting highlights:
To review the meeting materials and add your notes to the work documents, please review the materials below. We will incorporate your additions into the upcoming meeting materials.
On March 10, 2022, members of the Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council (IIACC) met virtually to discuss the agenda topics.
Several topics were covered at the meeting, including
- Updates on the work of IIACC and its presence on social media.
- Revisions to the Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Individuals with ASD
- Inclusive and accessible language
- SMART objectives/action points for each goal
- Justification of goals and action points through research
- Updates to align with research and Needs Assessment (e.g., Goal 6)
- Opportunities for wider dissemination of the comprehensive plan
- Opportunities for added content
- Review of materials and resources created as part of the trajectory for Goal 2: Family and Professional Partnership
- Planning for new trajectories
For each of the topics, members had a chance to share their insights, provide suggestions, and discuss ways to distribute across Indiana and to engage more people in the IIACC efforts
To review the materials covered at the meeting, visit: Quarterly Meeting – March 10, 2022
RSVP for the upcoming meeting on June 2, 2022: https://indiananetwork.org/
For the last meeting of the year of the Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council, we gathered to discuss the progress made in 2018 as well as goals for the coming year. We want to thank everyone who generously shared their time this year in an effort to accomplish the goals set for in the Indiana Comprehensive State Plan for Autism. Below is a summary of the discussion points from the meeting as well as links to referenced documents and resources.Continue reading “December 2018 IIACC Meeting”
The third IIACC meeting of the year was a demonstration of Professional Learning Communities in action. After a brief reminder of notes from the May meeting, facilitators led sub-groups through the process of organizing toward a learning goal in order to produce a final project. These “speed PLCs” were meant to introduce the concept more fully to IIACC members to gear up for their full implementation as a tool of the IIACC.
Lastly, we viewed the following video as a group to better explain the purpose and function of PLCs.
If you would like to review further notes and materials from the meeting, you can find them here on the Padlet
To express interest in being a part of the inaugural PLC related to the justice system and its intersection with the ASD and disabilities community, fill out the form here.