Local Community Cadres (LCC) Teaming Together to Make a Difference
Our HANDS team and LCC members have been busy brainstorming ways to engage stakeholders in autism awareness events throughout the state—as well as bringing training and resources to Indiana communities. Here are some of the things we’ve been up to:
- In May, we conducted 4 LCC quarterly meetings (Central, East, Northeast and Southeast regions).
- A Regional Autism LCC Summit was facilitated for the Northcentral region.
- In addition to meeting as cadres to identify and refine strategies for best serving the individuals and children with ASD, families and caregivers in their communities, HANDS and the LCCs hosted a variety of community events to further support each LCC region’s identified needs:
- Next Steps™ Workshops – our first online Next Steps workshops occurred in May, where we unveiled the new Next Steps™ ebook Manual to increase ASD knowledge and awareness.
- LifeCourse™ Workshop e-training was provided by Heather Dane wtih the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services to support transition-age youth needs.
Here What’s Happening Next Across the State!
In the coming month, Cadres will continue to work on the needs identified in their regions through a variety of activities and methods, including:
- Dissemination of developed materials and online discussions
- Providing input on new training opportunities and materials specific to community needs
Fill out this survey to let us know you want to be engaged in your LCC today and we’ll send you regular email updates.
LCCs Assist in Increasing ASD Information for State Advisory Board
A common activity across all regional cadres will be assisting in the facilitation and sharing of the Needs Assessment for ASD Survey across stakeholders in each of their communities. The goal of this joint activity is to increase the current ASD-related data used by the Indiana Interagency Autism Coordinating Council (IIACC) and the State in addressing gaps and needs across the state in supporting ASD.
Additionally, LCC members are invited to participate as a Community Advisory Group Member in the Upcoming IIACC quarterly meetings to provide their unique perspectives and input regarding ASD successes, needs, gaps and challenges in their communities.
Central LCC Highlights
Central LCC Wrapping Up Employer Toolkit Activity
Between quarterly meetings, our LCCs will be engaging in community building, ASD-supporting activities based upon the goals for the region. Individuals living or working in the Central LCC Region are invited to participate in the Employer Toolkit dissemination activities currently taking place on Canvas. Canvas is an interactive platform that is easy to access and use on your time frame.
There are no prerequisites or time commitments for participating. You can participate in the way that best meets your needs and capacity. We look forward to and value your input and assistance in developing a plan for and helping to disseminate the recently completed Central Region LCC Employer Toolkit.
How Can I Participate?
- Signup for Canvas. If you do not already have an IU or IU guest account, you will need to make one.
- Visit the LCC Canvas to participate in any or all of the LCC activities available. The home page provides easy to follow instructions and helpful resources for navigating the space.
- Need help navigating Canvas or need special accommodations to participate? Contact your LCC Community Liaison, Lisa Stewart.