Date(s) - 07/27/2021
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Registration Required: www.aboutspecialkids.org or call 800-964-4746
Transition planning offers youth with disabilities a path to connect their daily high school activities to their goals for independent life after completing high school. This training will discuss options and how to start making plans now to set up a positive future. Some areas covered will be:
- Transition IEPs
- Options for after High School: Employment, Secondary Education, Day Centers, etc.
- How to stay involved in the Community: Volunteering, Recreation, etc.
- Independent Living / Support Living
- Financial Planning – Presented by Gordon Homes, Sr. Financial Planner
- Other Community and State Resources
About Special Kids is a “Parent to Parent” organization that works throughout the state of Indiana to answer questions and provide support, information and resources. We are parents and family members of children with special needs and we help other families and professionals understand the various systems that are encountered related to special needs.
Categories No Categories